Monday, January 15, 2007

"I have never been more sorry about a vote I have cast"

The following is a letter that appeared in last Friday’s Stamford Advocate. Ms. Platt says it all. I’ll say no more.

Published January 12 2007
To the editor:

Many of us watched the president give his speech with heavy hearts. The thought of 20,000 more troops being sent to Iraq when almost all of the intelligence says that it will not be enough, and will only cause us to lose many more of the courageous and honorable men and women in our military, is unacceptable.

A friend of our family is on his third tour of duty in combat zones. Civil war is raging, more troops and civilians are killed every day and the violence continues to escalate. The only thing worse than the facts themselves during the president's speech was that the only senator he mentioned working with to send more troops to Iraq was Joe Lieberman.

I am ashamed of the vote I cast in November. When Mr. Lieberman lost the primary to Ned Lamont, I hoped that he could see that the Democrats of our state were speaking loud and clear. After much consideration and much trepidation, I voted for Joe in November. I have never been more sorry about a vote I have cast. Mr. Lieberman has duped the Democrats of Connecticut. He dropped our party like a hot potato when his own political career was at stake. Now we can see which team he is really on.

Joe: I hope that the president has a few more of those kisses left for his favorite boy. It's going to be lonely for you at the next election.

Jennifer Platt
Stamford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home